Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blog Post #4

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/25/134795550/friendly-skies

I enjoyed the story, Friendly Skies, for many reasons. First, the author created a feeling that is very relatable. Exhaustion is something I and I'm sure many others have dealt with, so we can relate to the protagonist. I also like the way the story is told as if it comes from the protagonist's inner dialogue. For example, she recalls a joke told one about pilots, which I thought was very nicely incorporated. I like the way that it is written to show how weak KC feels, and its even better that we don't know why she feels this way until later in the short story. This story made me want to actually think about the theme and why it was probably written, instead of just finishing it and writing this. The story shows the ignorance of people, but more than that how nobody can truly understand the pain of losing somebody they love. I am very impressed by this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment